- In Manhattan, a person found the body of a rooster on the fire escape near his apartment.
- His neighbor, the 52-year-old Humberto Rodriguez, explained to agents that he bit off the rooster's head because it had hurt one of his other pets, a pigeon.
- Rodriguez has been arrested.
- He faces the charge of animal cruelty. Also, possession of a rooster is illegal in New York City.
- He could have up to a year in prison if convicted.
- The rooster's head was not located.
My $0.02: Though the story in itself is interesting, I can't help but bring up the original meaning of the word 'geek'. Geeks were carnival freaks who often bit the heads off of chickens. Though the particular denotation of geek is rarely used today, I believe it applies in this case...