Saturday, June 23, 2007
Official Site: Frappio- Home
The makers of Frappio obviously didn't believe in adding sugar to their drink. No sweetness can be detected in the espresso latte flavor. I'm quick to admit I'm not a huge fan of coffee. Frappio could likely be very appealing for a segment of the drinking population which wants a different sort of caffeine fix. However, the taste is unlikely to appeal to anyone beside hard-core coffee drinkers.
Summary: Only for those who love their coffee bitter and black.
Final Score: 3 out of 5
Friday, June 22, 2007
Official Site: DrinkCocaine.com
Cocaine, the much publicized concoction, is yet another energy drink which relies on its name appeal to attract drinkers rather than providing a decent flavor. The mixture tastes like a combination of strawberry pop mixed with black pepper. Just taking the first swig is nearly unbearable as the hot smell invades your nose. The only redeeming quality is the energy provided. The fire burns a new life within you and somehow managed to clear my sinuses.
Summary: Not the high I expected.
Final Score: 2 out of 5
Image Soure: Me, as is obvious by the washer machine in the background.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Official Site: Clamato
Upon opening Clamato's can, the sickening smell of bouillon cubes floats out in overpowering waves. I should listen to my sense of smell. Clamato's indecript vegetable blend is an intolerable swill. I couldn't even drink enough to rate the energy factor.
Summary: Don't drink unless you love the taste of V8.
Final Score: 1 out 5
- A squirrel ran into a house in Passau, a town in Germany, where he attacked a 70-year-old woman, biting her hand.
- The woman ran into the street in fear with the squirrel still biting her hand. She managed to fling it off.
- The animal then entered a building site where it leapt onto a construction worker who fought the creature off with a measuring pole.
- The squirrel then entered the garden of a 72-year-old man and attacked.
- The man killed the squirrel with his crutch, stopping the rampage.
- Local authorities say the attack was likely due to mating season aggression or sickness in the squirrel.
My $0.02: Due to mating aggression? Well, then:
Squirrel-a-licious definition make them boys go crazies!
They run about biting like they have rabies!
It's the B to the I to the T, I, N, and G,
and can't no other squirrel chomp down like me!
Sunday, June 10, 2007
- 5 Dutch students made powdered alcohol for their final-year project at Helicon Devotional Institute.
- When water is added, the powder becomes a bubbly lime drink with 3% alcohol content.
- The drink could be sold to minors since it is in a powdered form.
- Booz2Go, as the concoction is called, comes in packets of 20 g and costs between $1.60 to $2.45.
My $0.02: I can already hear the distant din of religious groups and political activists rising up to protect 'traditional family values.'