Monday, August 28, 2006
Official Site: Unable to locate
E is just another energy drink which combines a nasty flavor with a strangely sweet taste. Though you try to love the drink, you just can’t get past the bitter undercurrent. The worst part occurs when you realize the freakish flavor doesn’t even offer any energy. Overall, it tastes like an improved version of Hansen’s Energy Deuce.
Summary: Nastily sweet.
Final Score: 2 out of 5
Note: I couldn’t find any information on the internet about this drink or who makes it. Does anyone have a clue? The can is green, and I’ll be posting a picture soon.
Sunday, August 13, 2006
- The animals were marked with a chemical to mark newborn neurons.
- Ultrasounds were applied to the bellies one group of the pregnant mice for the next three days for periods which totaled 5 to 420 minutes.
- A second group had a sham procedure with no ultrasound waves.
- The control group received no procedures.
- The babies of the mice who received more than 30 minutes of ultrasound had brains which embedded material for the outer brain to the inner brain.
- The fake treatment and control group showed no such changes.
- Previous ultrasound studies have shown delayed speech development and increased left-handedness in humans.
My $0.02: Though I question the study because of the high number of the ultrasounds in such a short period, I feel like such results probably apply to humans. I still wonder why such technologies aren't tested for longer on animals before they are introduced to humans. So many women get ultrasounds now, it's impossible to tell what the side effects will be on the population.
I usually don't do personal addresses, but I have to apologize for the serious lack of activity of over the summer months. Being a geek, I have a natural aversion to hot weather and the sun. Thus, I went into a state of near hibernation, only emerging to munch the occasional bit of internet news. As the weather starts to cool, expect more updates.
Your friendly internet geek,