- The boy was accused of touching the girl's skin beneath the rear wasteband of her pants.
- The boy claims have only touched the girl's shirt after the girl touched him first.
- His mother, Berthena Dorinvil, claims her son is too young to understand what sexual harassment is.
- The mother also says that the school report the incident to the police and district attorney's office.
- Brockton Public Schools spokeswoman Cynthia McNally says the child would not have been suspended without an investigation.
My $0.02: The way I view the situation, the two first-graders were just harassing each other the way first-graders do. There's nothing sexual about the situation. A six-year-old doesn't even know what sex is, so how can he sexually harass another student? It's just a situation that got blown way out of proportion.