- A report by the Hadley Center, an authority on world temperature, simulated a 3C temperature change.
- The model showed an outcome which could destroy half of all wildlife reserves, wreck major forest systems, and put 400 million people at risk for hunger.
- Such a change in temperature could likely occur in 100 years.
- The UK and the EU are trying to prevent a temperature rise of above 2C.
- China and India's emissions are rapidly rising.
- The US refuses to cut emissions with chief climate adviser, James Connaughton, being cited as saying he "did not believe anyone could forecast a safe level and cutting greenhouse gas emissions could harm the world economy. "
My $0.02: There is no way Europe alone can prevent a temperature rise with the global CO2 situation. It's only a small part of the whole planet. The U.S.'s refusal to even acknowledge the situation is shocking considering the fact it usually empasizes its role in helping the global economy. However, beyond all of the material on global warming, I wonder about the information saying the planet is due for another ice age. What effect will such conflicting forces have on each other?