Proof has arisen that ants do teach each other. The full article can be found here.Quick summary:
- The ant would lead its nest mate to the source of food.
- The leader ant would pause as if to giver the follower time to look around.
- The ants adjusted theirs speeds to keep up with each other.
- The teacher ant slowed down considerably to teach the route.
- The learner aunt learned faster than if it had taught itself.
My $0.02: This is just a pleasant reminder to us humans that we're still animals even if we do have bigger brains.