- An electrician in London flew to and from the United States over 40 times in the past six years with Virginia Atlantic flights.
- He redeemed his 2,000,000 frequent flyer miles toward a trip to space.
- The trip is scheduled for 2009.
- Virginia Galactic, who plans to start the space trips in 2008, will offer trips lasting 2 1/2 hours with 5 minutes of zero gravity.
- Tickets cost about $200,000.
My $0.02: Wow. This is seeing the first steps of something grand. Once you have space trips, you have to have something more to do while there. So that leads to space cafes and the like... And then people will start to stake a claim on the moon and have bases there for entertainment... And then... Sorry. I couldn't help but go off on a science fiction geek tangent.