Thursday, October 19, 2006

School Bans Students From Playing Tag

You read the title right. Full article here.

Quick Summary:
  • An elementary school in Massachusetts has banned students from playing tag or any other unsupervised chase game for fear the kids will get hurt and hold the school liable.
  • Schools in Washington, Wyoming, and South Carolina have also recently enacted similar bans.
  • One parent says she feels safer about her son at the tag-banned school since she's "witnessed enough near collisions."

My $0.02: It seems like every two minutes you see a headline about an increase in overweight children. Now, a school goes and bans tag, one of the best forms of exercise for kids. Yeah, I crashed into a few walls and bumped my head countless times, but I'm a better and slightly healthier person for it. *spaces out for a minute, stare around the room, and then snaps back to reality* Umm... Yeah... I think I am...

No comments: