- The teacher, Philip Frandino, allowed four girls and one boy to use the trash can during a lockdown drill which lasted for less than an hour.
- Girls used their jackets to shield the view of another girl using the bathroom while the other students turned their backs.
- The boys followed the same procedure for the one boy who used the trash can.
- The school district spokesman says the students were given all possible privacy and sanitary wipes.
- Last year, Philip Frandino was reprimanded for isolating a student for two hours by cardboard for talking.
My $0.02: Wow. If it was an actual lockdown, the intruder would have been a bit disarmed by such a scene. I'm sure that was the strategy all along....