- A 13-year-old boy was required to do his homework as soon as he got home.
- As a reward, his mother would smoke marijuana with him.
- The mother claimed she had been smoking marijuana with him since he was 11.
- Police discovered the situation after executing a search warrant.
- They confiscated marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and $600 she said belonged to a drug dealer.
- The mother is charged with "marijuana possession, corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of children and possession with intent to distribute drug paraphernalia".
My $0.02: My slightly off-topic question is: Why is homework so boring students must be compensated for doing it? The joy of learning something new and interesting should be enough of a reward for doing homework. However, it isn't. Why? Because the work generally done in school is dulling and repetitive. It has few, if any, applications to real life. Students must have superficial rewards to do it.