Sunday, December 10, 2006

Merriam-Webster's Word of the Year

Yes, it is the moment of truth: Merriam-Webster has released its top words of 2006 list. The list we have waited for all year with bated breath. The word of the year is... drumroll please...

TRUTHINESS!

Crowd: *goes wild*
Truthiness: *jumps up with shocked look* ME?! ME?! YOU MEAN ME!?!?!

Yes, we mean you, truthiness.

Truthiness: *squeals and runs forward*

Truthiness, being defined by its father Stephen Colbert as "truth that comes from the gut, not books", was born in October of 2005. Since then, it has quickly risen to popularity (though I personally have never used the word).

Truthiness: *takes podium* First of all, I would like to congratulate my closest runner-ups, google, decider, and war, on making it so far. Getting here was hard for me and they deserve equal helpings of applause. Also, I would like to thank my father for creating me in the first place. Finally, I would like to thank you, all of my fans, for bringing me into vogue. Without your support, I never could have made my way to the top spot. Thank you!

No comments: